Monday, October 21, 2013

Ano yung pagnanais nyo sa buhay nyo?

Hello Fam!!!

How are you all? I'm sorry to tell you that this email once again will not have pictures so you can just stop reading now if you like because I know of that is all a lot of you look at these for :) haha just kidding but really...that was always my favorite part so I'm sorry.

First of all, Sister Sia and I are still alive and well and absolutely loving life. Sister Sia is absolutely hilarious and constantly keeps me laughing. We found a lot of new investigators this week and so we are excited to see if some of them will be progressing in the next few weeks. One women we taught after just talking to her on the street a few weeks ago. It really was such a special lesson and at the end we asked her to pray. After a lot of hesitation we taught her how and she agreed to try. After her prayer I asked her how she felt and she just started rubbing her arms and smiling replied, "I feel like I have electricity going through me and I know God is happy because that was my first sincere prayer." Ah I love missionary work! This week we have been working with a lot of families-- less-actives and investigators-- who we have asked the question, "What do you want in life and for your family?" It is always so interesting to hear their responses but it almost always comes back to their children becoming good people, raising good children and being close to God. I love it and I've thought about that a bit myself. What do I want out of life? For myself? For those I love? And am I doing everything I can to obtain that? 

Second, Ninoy finally got his answer. He knows it is all true! I am so excited for his baptism. He is so ready. 

Third, the earthquake in Bihol (southern Philippines) hasn't effected us at all but we hear about it everyday. Please pray for the missionaries and people living there that were effected by it.   

I love you all so much and I'm constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have all of you in my life. Today during personal study I was brought again to 1 Nephi 1:20, "...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." I just love that so much! No matter how hard of a day we have or how much it feels like we were unsuccessful I can always look back and see the tender mercies of the Lord in His work. You are all my tender mercies. I love you lots!

Love always,
Sister Porter

Filipino Fun Fact:
I still haven't totally figured this one out but burping is totally acceptable but at the same time not here. It totally threw me off when the sisters after dinner would just burp or even people we were teaching in the middle of the lessons. I guess it means you are full...I don't know they all sort of cover their mouth after and say, "Excuse," but then will just do it again a few minutes later haha its random. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I apologize if you've received multiple messages, but we just wanted to make sure and invite you to join the new Facebook page created for families of missionaries serving in the Quezon City North Mission: https://www.facebook.com/groups/QuezonNorthfamilies/
    We hope you'll consider joining us.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete