Sunday, April 27, 2014

Changes and answered prayers.

Hey Family,

Where to start...I don't even know...so many changes and so many surprises. 

This past week was Zone Interviews. This is something I have been looking forward to since last transfer. I love every opportunity to interact and learn from President Sperry and I was especially looking forward to his council with all the adventures of these past two transfers. It was a really incredible experience and a lot of what we discussed was of course personal but a few things he said I wanted to share. I told him how grateful I am for the time he has given me here with Sister Ayub. I explained that it has changed my life and he said, "And you have changed hers." I am so grateful for the time we have had to learn, grow and change together. He said, "You've helped Sister Ayub more in two transfers than has happened her entire mission." I think the same could be said of what she has done for me. The last thing he said and repeated several times was, "I don't think you realize how good you are." Isn't that so true of all of us! Why do we always underestimate ourselves and our capabilities? It's something I have worked on a lot in the mission with the help of the Lord. I am learning to see my weaknesses and opportunities to grow while also recognizing the strengths and talents the Lord has given me. I don't think He likes it when we are constantly beating ourselves up and I know I sure don't enjoy it either. 

Okay time for transfer announcements... I am leaving Malolos and Sister Ayub is staying. I am so sad to leave this area. So many good things are happening but it will be so good for Sister Ayub to stay here and have a chance to lead the area again.

My new companion will be Sister Loo...as in my companion from the MTC...I couldn't be more excited or grateful to a loving Heavenly Father. He is so good to all of us. Sister Loo and I have both been called as Sister Training Leaders. I am a bit overwhelmed by the calling but so excited to serve, love and support the sisters in the mission. 

Also, I found out that Sister Sia (my trianee) is training this transfer and its an Australian sister. I am so excited for her!! She is so ready :) 

I am just so humbled by all our Heavenly Father does for us. His plan is so perfect. I am just so grateful to Him and my Savior. We taught the plan of salvation a lot this week and I was just filled with awe at the knowledge we have. I can't believe I get to share that message and happiness that comes from His plan daily. Missions are just really the best thing in the world. I am so happy to be here and grateful for every minute I have been blessed with. Even after being here a year, sometimes I just walk down the street in amazement that I am in the Philippines. I never would have pictured it but now I can't imagine my life without this country, these people, my nametag and experiences as a missionary in it. I love you all and pray for you daily!

Love always,
Sister Porter

Filipino Fun Fact:

Fun fact this week is the first picture I attached. I am going to let it speak for itself haha gives you a little bit of an idea what the bathroom situation is like here. The picture is hanging in the bathroom at the church here in Malolos.

Community Service Project


Amazing sisters from Relief Society after Ward Conference.


Fun Fact :)


Sister Evelyn...she is definitely the hardest person for me to leave here.



No comments:

Post a Comment