Sunday, April 27, 2014

Isang taon na...parang ayaw ko sabihin 'yon.

Transfers again...mabalis naman yung panahon. I seriously can't keep up with the time. I hit one year this week. It was bitter sweet. It was incredible to read my journal from my first few days in the MTC...I have changed and experienced so much since then, most especially these last two transfers. 

Its not possible to put into words my feelings about the past 12 weeks I have had with this incredible sister. It has been the hardest, most rewarding and changing experience of my life. I am so grateful for the ways the Lord has changed me and the love and appreciation I have gained for Sister Ayub. I can honestly say I have witnessed miracles with her. She has changed and grown so much. In fact on the way to the computer shop she talked a women on the jeepney, introduced a pamphlet and who we are, then asked for her information ALL BY HERSELF...that never would have or could have happened two transfers ago. She is an incredible sister and I am excited for what is ahead of her in her mission and beyond. 

We had a great week as far as work goes. We were so punted the beginning of this week by members and those we teach, but by Friday we were seeing so many miracles. My favorite miracle this week would be Sister Analiza. We have been working with Sister Barredo, an active member, for so long with the Work of Salvation and we finally saw the fruits of it. Sister Analiza came to church with Sister Berredo and then we were able to share a very special lesson with her that Sister Berrado played huge part in. I have gained such a testimony of working through the members even though it may take more time and patience it is worth every time :)

I am just so grateful for the opportunity I've been given me to learn and grow here in Malolos with Sister Ayub. This has been a sacred experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I have come to know my Savior in a way I never could have before. I have felt strengthened and given capacities far beyond my own through Him. My prayers to my Father in Heaven have transformed and I have seen and felt answers to those prayers daily. I have gained a love, appreciation and hunger for the scriptures. I just can't put into words how grateful I am for this time or what my experience has been but I have been changed. I am just so full of gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who know us so perfectly and for a Savior who makes it possible for us to overcome our shortcoming, weakness and trials and I am even more overwhelmed with joy that I get to share that message daily for the next 6 more months and the rest of my life.


I love you all!!!

Love always,
Sister Porter

Filipino Fun Fact:

Just like anywhere it is of course polite to take off your shoes when entering a home but here everyone wears flip-flops when inside. One, because the floor in their home is dirt or dusty cement and two because they believe that you will get sick if your feet get cold after being in the heat outside. So it is always so funny when they freak and realize I have taken my shoes off to come into their home and then try to give me flip-flops or sandals to wear while we teach...its funny because the people here are tiny and I am NOT so I always have to try and shove my feet into the sandals or awkwardly just rest my feet on top of them :) 

One-Year-Celebration/Birthday Party the other sisters had for Sister Ayub and I :)



Sister Joyce got her mission call!!! I am so excited for her. She works with us every week and has become one of my best friends. She will do amazing things.


Our Zone got to go back to WaWa. It is so breathtakingly beautiful there. I love this country!


No comments:

Post a Comment