Monday, April 14, 2014

"Run with Patience"

Hello Family!!

I hope you are all doing great. Sister Ayub and I had a fantastic week!! We saw so many miracles and definitely felt strengthened by the Lord. Her back pain has been gone, which has made a world of difference. I am so proud of all she accomplished this week. We went on splits with the ward missionaries and she did fantastic taking charge. Then yesterday in one of our lessons she was throwing out so many new Tagalog words. I couldn't stop smiling; I felt just like a proud mama as she taught. Random adventure that happened to the two of us...Sister Ayub was frustrated with on of the other sisters who was singing during language study so she went to our room to study and when I went up to check on her she had fallen asleep sitting on the floor with her head on her books spread out on her bed. I shook her to tell her it was time to go eat and she just tipped over but didn't wake up. I tried everything to get her to wake up and nothing was working. She was breathing normal and everything she just wouldn't wake up. The other sisters and I tried EVERYTHING we could think of to wake her up and NOTHING had any effect. She we talked to our district leader who called president and apparently it had happened before and we were supposed to just wait it out. So I went downstairs to keep studying and 3 hours later she came downstairs and just said, "Why didn't you wake me up?" It was the weirdest experience.

This week was full of sacred experiences and miracles. The last few weeks I had let myself sort of slip into a hole of self-pity where I felt inadequate and incapable. No matter what I did I just couldn't seem to pull myself out of it. But this week Sister Ayub and I did it together with the help of the Savior. There were a few times where I could feel myself slipping again and suddenly felt strengthened and encouraged. Something told me that that strength came from the prayers of loved ones at home. Thank you so much for your examples, love, support and prayers. It means the world to me and is felt everyday. 

We also saw so many miracles in the work itself. Doors seemed to open that weren't before and we simply felt very guided. The bishopric is doing amazing things in furthering the work of salvation and placing responsibility on the shoulders of members, ward missionaries and full-time missionaries as a united force. I am so grateful for this area and the people the Lord and placed in our path. We are beginning to see the fruits of our labors in using the work of salvation to teach members. 

After district meeting last week we were asked to focus on a Christlike attribute. I chose faith and hope. I am so grateful I did. The Lord has taught me so much this week. As I was studying faith I was brought back to the scripture President shared with us awhile back from Hebrews 12:1-2. I know that as we "run with patience" the Lord truly does become the author and finisher of our faith, expanding our capabilities and welcoming miracles into our lives. A women we are teaching who constantly constantly tries to Bible bash in the kindest way with us has asked us a few times, "What is the good news?" I have been thinking about that a bit and I am so grateful for the knowledge that we carry the good news. Our message is the gospel of Jesus Christ which brings all hope, peace and happiness. We know that through Him all things are possible. I love this work and I love all of you!


Love always,
Sister Porter

Filipino Fun Fact:

This week is another Pakistan fun fact because it is so funny to me. The other night during nightly planning Sister Ayub suddenly says in her broken English, "I want to see a real American." I just sort of stared at her and then stuck my hand in her face and said, "Guess what I am one!!" Haha she just started laughing and said, "NOOOOO. Babies. I never to see a real American baby. They are so beautiful." She explained that she has only seen them in movies and wants to see one so bad. Haha I invited her to America to my baby someday in the future when that happens. Life is never dull with her.

 The elders in our ward and crazy Tatay Bong.


I got to see Sister Sia this week!!! All the foreigners in our whole mission had to suddenly meet to take pictures and fill-out some things for immigration so we got to see lots of missionaries. So fun.


 The sisters that work with us every week. They are amazing and preparing for missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment